Operation Oswego County is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. Operation Oswego County is continually improving the user experience for everyone, and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
Measures to support accessibility
Operation Oswego County uses third-party software tools to assess the accessibility of oswegocounty.org. The following are the measures we take to ensure compliance:
- Using third-party software, perform a scan of oswegocounty.org at least once a week and review/remediate any accessibility issues discovered.
- Use third-party software to create/remediate PDFs to ensure accessibility.
The World Wide Web Consortium’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. Operation Oswego County strives to provide a website consistent with the WCAG 2.0 Level AA.
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of oswegocounty.org, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for oswegocounty.org:
- Website content: While working to ensure accessibility of our PDF files, we have noted that some of the content comes from third-parties. To include the content, we have had to scan the document. Unfortunately, scanners only create an image of text, not the actual text itself. This means the content is not accessible to users who rely on assistive technology. We are currently looking at a possible resolution.
- Several third-party plugins are missing alt text, which is a limitation of the third-party creators of the plugins.
Please use the contact information in the Feedback section below if you encounter an issue and it's a problem for you. We will gladly get you the information you need.
Operation Oswego County welcomes your feedback on the accessibility of its website. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers:
- Phone: (315) 343-1545
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 44 West Bridge Street, Oswego, New York 13126
Operation Oswego County will make every effort to respond to any questions, concerns, or comments within five (5) business days.
This policy was adopted on the 9th day of March, 2020, by action of the Board of Directors.
This policy was reviewed and reaffirmed on the 22nd day of March, 2021, by action of the Board of Directors.