Small Business Training
2022 Small Business Training Classes
Class will be taught online via GoToMeeting.
All classes are held from 5:30-7:30 p.m.
Tuition for this online class will be $50. Limited scholarships will be offered.
January 24-28, January 31 and February 1
June 6-10 and 13-14:
September 12-16 and 19-20:
Registration and payment for the class must be done online.
Introduction to Small Business Ownership
- Meet the class participants and learn about one of the best ways to meet new customers
- Meet and listen to current small business owners as they share their insights on owning and
operating a small business
- Learn the basic steps of small business start-up and the resources available
Business Planning and Financing
- Introduction to the written business plan and how to start writing your own plan
- Learn how to go about obtaining funds from a bank
- Learn how to check your credit history and how to address any related credit problems
- Learn about the use of business insurance as one aspect of risk management for your business
Financial Statements and Accounting
- Learn how to do a cash flow statement for your business
- Find out what taxes you will be required to pay, when and how to pay them
- Learn how to keep track of simple financial records and how to keep books for your business,
as well as how this relates to your important tax information
- Find out how to identify your market, how to advertise to that market, and how to retain
- Learn about sole proprietorships/corporations, LLCs and partnerships
- Learn how to avoid potential legal problems in your business
- Below-prime rate loans are available to graduates
- Download Micro Enterprise Program brochure
For more information, or to register for a class, visit the SBDC Micro Enterprise Program web page.